2022 Academic Activities
This post is under construction
- Serving on the Subcommittee B of the Research Committee of Stellenbosch University for 2022.
- Serving on the Programme Committee of the Faculty of Science of Stellenbosch University for 2022.
- Setting up Mathematical Structures Research Programme at the National Institute for Theoretical and Computational Sciences.
- Delivered online lecture series Python-Based Introduction to Mathematical Proofs for the The 12th CHPC Introductory Programming School and The 4th NITheCS Summer School on the Foundations of Theoretical and Computational Science.
- Teaching Engineering Mathematics 214 (together with Liam Baker, Ronalda Benjamin, and Michael Hoefnagel) in the first semester and giving a Foundations of Abstract Mathematics I seminar in Mathematical Reasoning in the first term. Also teaching a third-year module, Topology, in the first semester.
- Convening Foundations of Abstract Mathematics I & II (year modules) and Topology (semester module) in 2022.
- Revisited research on a noetherian form of sets -- see the updated paper.
- Organised a Research Workshop on Monoidal Sum Structures at Stellenbosch University (20-25 March) and hosted the visit of Dr. Charles Msipha (Tshwane University of Technology). See the Mathematical Structures Research Programme website for further information. Two research projects dealing with sum structures were initiated at this workshop.
- Organised a Research Workshop on Lower Topology at Stellenbosch University (3-10 April) and hosted the visit of Dr. Amartya Goswami and Ms. Micheala Hoenselaar (University of Johannesburg). A research project on lower topology was initiated at this workshop.